Botox injections are minimally invasive procedure
Average Botox costs in Antalya are € 356.
With FlyMedi, you can connect with 2 Plastic Surgery centers in Antalya that are offering Botox procedures.
Prices listed on this page are the average price for Botox. Clinics may require more details regarding your medical condition in order to provide you with a personalized Botox quote. For a more accurate Botox price quote, please click HERE.
Antalya, also called the Turkish Riviera is a tourism hub located in the South of Turkey. Antalya is also Turkey’s largest city on the Mediterranean with over 1 million people. The city features 13 public hospitals and 15 private hospitals, one of them accredited by Joint Commission International. The area recently became a world tourism hub, having received 12.5 million tourists in 2014 alone.
Antalya’s Old Town, also called Kaleici offers narrow streets, Ottoman style boutique hotels, traditional bars and restaurants and historic wooden houses, representative of the region. Kaleici is a great place to unwind and observe the particularities of the Ottoman architectural style mixed with ancient remnants of the Romans and Greeks. Some interesting sites include the Clock Tower, the Hadrian Gate, Seyh Sinan Efendi Mosque, the Musellim Mosque, the Hıdırlık Tower, the Karatay Medresesi and the Yivli Minaret.
The Old Harbour is two millennia old. The Romans took advantage of the harbour’s strategic position and strengthened its fortifications, turning it into a major port of Asia Minor. Nowadays the Old Harbour is surrounded with cafes and restaurants and instead of cargo ships, one can find delightful private yachts that can take visitors on fishing trips or trips around the coast. The Harbor is usually bustling with activity from local fishermen, tourists and yacht enthusiasts.
Aspendos is an ancient city located only 40 km from Antalya. The city used to be a great trading hub on the Mediterranean. Aspendos is home to one of the most well preserved Roman amphitheatre in the world. Other points of interest include the Aqueduct of Aspendos, the agora, the basilica and the nymphaeum.
The settlement has its name derived from the Olympos Mountain, which is around 10 km north of the city. Olympos is a place of natural beauty combined with a fascinating archaeological site. The city is also a popular area for tourists, with quite a few guest houses and small hotels in the area.
Hadrian’s Gate or Üçkapılar in Turkish is located close to Antalya’s Old town. The monument was built to honour Roman Emperor Hadrian, who visited the city in 130. Hadrian’s Gate features three arched gates and decorative marble columns.
Antalya also features quite a few modern shopping malls such as the Deepo Outlet Centre, Özdilek, 5M Migros and Terracity.
● Just as with any Mediterranean destination, winters in Antalya are quite warm and rainy and summers are hot.
● Antalya has its own airport called Antalya Airport (IATA: AYT) which is just 10 km from the city. Here you can find very affordable flights to and from Istanbul – around 50 USD per flight.
● The Tünektepe hill has a height of 2009 feet or 618 meters and it offers a stunning view of Antalya from its rotating restaurant.
● Antalya has its own historic tramway which was donated by the city of Nuremberg, Germany. The tramway connects the city centre to the Antalya Museum and Konyaalti Beach and fares are very affordable. The tram is an excellent option for sightseeing enthusiasts as it passes through the most alluring places in Antalya.
Botox injections are minimally invasive procedure uses for different variations of the botulinum toxin to temporarily relax and slow down muscle activity.
The botulinum toxin is produced by the same microbe, which causes botulism, a serious medical problem. Botox injections have a wide range of uses for both cosmetic and medical purposes ever since it was firstly approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1989.
Botox cosmetic uses - Botox injections can temporarily relax facial muscles that cause wrinkles. Injections can help patients with:
● Frown lines between the eyebrows
● Forehead lines
● Crow’s feet– the lines from the corners of the eyes
● Jawline– transform the appearance of people with receding chin
● Hair-Botox for hair doesn't contain botulinum toxin, which is the main ingredient of Botox. Instead, it's a name based on how the product works.
●Gummy smile - reducing the upper lip elevation with by using Botox injections.
Botox injections can also help treat conditions that affect different functions of the body, including:
● Cervical dystonia – the patient’s neck muscles contract involuntarily, causing pain
● Strabismus – this is caused by an imbalance in the muscles which control the patient’s eye movement
● Lower limb spasticity
● Muscle contractures – this can also be caused by cerebral palsy
● Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating – some patients experience excessive sweating especially in underarms, even in cooler temperatures and when not exercising
● Chronic migraines– Botox can help reduce headache frequency
● Bladder and bowel disorders – Botox treatment can also help reduce urinary incontinence
Although it has many advantages and uses in the medical world, Botox is not a miracle cure. It has several disadvantages, including:
● Prices of Botox treatment can be a bit expensive
● Botox injections are not a permanent solution
● Botox can also be less effective in older patients
● The procedure can lead to several side-effects
● FDA has not approved the use of Botox under the eyes for cosmetic purposes.
Botox injections are recommended for any patients, women or men, that wish to treat different wrinkles around the face, hands or neckregion. Other indications include:
● Cervical dystonia
● Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
● Muscle contractures
● Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating
● Chronic migraines
● Bladder dysfunctions or overactive bladder
● Severe neck and shoulder muscle spasms
Botox injections or Botox treatment are not recommended for patients who are breastfeeding or pregnant. Patients who are planning to get pregnant soon should also wait a bit. This treatment is also not recommended for patients under the age of 18. Patients with an active infection near the treatment area should postpone the treatment as well. Some individuals may be allergic to Botox, doctors apply specific tests and examinations to decide patients' eligibility for the procedure.
As the Botoxis a nonsurgical, in-office treatment, it requires minimal preparation. Blood thinners such as aspirin, herbal teas, herbal supplements, and anti-inflammatory drugs need to be avoided for at least 2 weeks before the treatment is set to begin. Patients will be thoroughly tested before beginning the Botox treatment..
While most individuals can tolerate the Botox injections, some may want to numb certain, more sensitive areas before the Botox treatment is set to begin. Patients can pick between anesthesia injections, creams or a simple cold spray that will numb the area.
Once the area to be injected is numb, the doctor will begin injecting a very small amount of Botox into the muscles or skin. A thin needle is used for this procedure. The amount of Botox used depends on the area and size being treated. Botox injections procedure usually takes less than an hour, then the patient can return home immediately.
Patients can resume their normal activities, including work, once the Botox treatment is over. There are not too many aftercare instructions for the procedure. Patients only shouldn't touch, rub, or massage the area where Botox injections were performed – this can make the toxin migrate to different areas of the body and cause complications.
Botox injections risks and complications can include:
● Excessive tearing or dry eyes
● Eyelid drooping
● Muscle weakness
● Vision problems
● Trouble breathing
● Problems with swallowing or speaking
● Flu-like symptoms
● Upset stomach
Botox injections side effects include:
● Bruising around the injection site
● Dry mouth
● Neck pain
Botox injections reviews set the average treatment success rate at 94%
Botox injections results are visible a few days after the treatment. The effect may last anywhere between 3 and 12 months, depending on the treated area and specific condition, after which a new set of injections is required.
Are There Any Alternatives to Botox Injections? I Want To Have Fuller Lips.
Yes, lip augmentation with lip implants is an alternative to Botox on lips. Dermal fillers may also be used to enhance the lips. There are advantages and disadvantages related to each procedure.
Is It Painful?
Except for the pain tolerance level of each patient, the pain arising from the procedure depends on the region where the Botox injections are applied. The lips area is generally more sensitive than other parts of the body. If you have Botox injections on the forehead, you shouldn't feel a thing.
When Can I Return to Exercise or Sports?
Patients can return to sports or exercise immediately after Botox procedure has done; they only need to be careful as not to rub or press down on the injection area.
This content is written and reviewed by our medical content team in June, 2019.