Blepharoplasty or eye lift, is commonly performed as a eye bag removal procedure in which the skin around the eyes is tightened to get rid of sagging eyelids, dark circles, and puffy eye bags. There are 2 types of blepharoplasty: upper eyelift and lower eyelift surgery. Sometimes, patients may have only one procedure or the combination of these two depending on the condition of their eyelids. The procedure is also called under eye surgery or under eye bags surgery.
Eyelid Surgery Risks and Complications
Blepharoplasty complications and risks are generally very rare and may vary from patient to patient depending on the skin type, age, sensitivity and the severity of the condition. However, blepharoplasty is a quite safe operation and most patients who had blepharoplasty are quite content with the eyelid surgery results. Most common complications may include:
- Dryness to the eyes
- Difficulty in closing your eyes
- Bleeding from incision lines
- Sensitivity to the sun or other bright lights
- Anesthesia risks
- Swelling and bruising
Eyelid Surgery Recovery Time
During blepharoplasty recovery time, antibiotic ointments and eye patches are generally necessary right after the surgery. Here are some eyelid surgery recovery tips:
- After one day of your surgery, you should apply cold packs each hour for about 10 minutes to reduce the swelling and bruising.
- After three days from your surgery, you should apply cold pack every 2 hours for about 15 minutes.
- One week later, you should start to apply warm compresses to support healing.
- You may experience slight discomfort and pain during the first and second week of your blepharoplasty recovery.
- Eyelid surgery aftercare is highly important and recovering from blepharoplasty completely may take several weeks, during which you should not wear eye makeup or use contact lenses.
Eyelid Surgery Cost
Eye lift costs may vary widely based on your cosmetic surgeon’s fee, the type of procedure used, the location of the hospital, anesthesia fees, medical tests and prescriptions for medication. Is eyelid surgery covered by insurance? No, it is not generally covered by most health insurance because it is a cosmetic procedure. So how much does a eyelid surgery cost? Here are some cost of eyelid surgery:
- Eyelid surgery cost Turkey: €2,000
- Eyelid surgery cost Poland: € 1,200
- Eyelid surgery cost India: €1,500
- Eyelid surgery cost Singapore: €4,000
- Eyelid surgery cost U.K: €5,000
- Eyelid surgery Korea cost: €3,500
Eyelid Surgery Before and After
Blepharoplasty before and after results are remarkable and the majority of blepharoplasty patients are extremely satisfied with their new looks. Eyelid blepharoplasty is popular especially among asian patients. Here are some eyelid surgery Asian results and more: