Hair Loss Treatment:
Hair loss sufferers spend more than 3.5 billion dollars a year in an attempt to treat their hair loss. Unfortunately, 70% of the products being marketed in hair loss treatment industry are generally ineffective for the majority of those who use them. And this leads hair loss patients to seek both medical treatments and natural remedies to stop hair loss.
- Medications for hair loss treatment: There are some medication treatments that can gradually reduce or prevent hair loss and induce hair growth. These medications affect the hormones. Some of them are oral medications such as “Finasteride” and some of them can be applied directly on the scalp such as “Minoxidil”. You may need to use them for a couple of months to see the visible results. Hair loss may start again when you stop using these medications.
- Natural Remedies for hair loss: Wondering how to prevent hair loss and regrow hair naturally? You can use essential oils to make some of the best topical home hair loss remedies. Rosemary is one of the top essential oils when it comes to enhancing hair thickness and hair growth. Rosemary oil is believed to increase cellular metabolism that stimulates hair growth. Spikenard oil is also known for promoting the growth of hair and helping to reduce hair loss. Recent studies have found that spikenard oil showed positive effects on hair growth Lavender, thyme, and peppermint are other great options that may increase scalp circulation. One recommendation to stimulate new hair growth is to combine three to four drops each of peppermint, rosemary, and sage in one tablespoon of olive oil. Then you massage the mixture gently into the areas of concern one to two times each day.
Top 5 Reasons That Cause Hair Loss
You normally lose fifty to one hundred strands a day no matter how you wash or style your hair. However, there may be some specific reasons that cause hair loss such as:
- Stress: Intensely stressful situations can trigger hair loss.But it doesn’t always mean that this hair loss is permanent. Your hair can grow back if you manage to control your stress level.
- Thyroid: Both an overactive and underactive thyroid can cause hair loss. If you are experiencing abnormal hair loss, talk with your doctor to check your thyroid.
- Weight Loss and Insufficient Dieting: Sudden weight loss or poor nutrition may make your hair fall out. Make sure that your daily protein and iron intake is sufficient.
- Genetics: You may also experience baldness due to hereditary conditions as hereditary baldness affects up to 80% of men and 50% of women. Talk to your dermatologist to see what options you have on how to stop hair loss.
Most Common Types of Hair Loss
Androgenetic alopecia, known as male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness , is the most common form of hair loss. Characterized by the pattern it produces on the scalp, men will generally notice their hair line receding into the shape of an “M”, while women will usually see a thinning of hair all over or a widening of their part.
One of the best hair loss treatment: Hair Transplant
Hair transplant is one of the best hair loss treatment. The procedure permanently restores hair by transplanting follicles into bald or thinning areas. Hair transplant procedure involves transplanting follicular units from the back or side of the head. The most common hair transplant is “strip harvesting” (follicular unit transfer, or FUT). It involves removing a strip of the scalp where follicles are plenty and cutting out the follicular units to create grafts for transplanting. Another common technique is follicular unit extraction (FUE). During FUE procedure, each follicular unit is removed one at a time. FUE procedure takes more time but avoids the linear scar that results from FUT procedure. FUE is a popular choice for anyone who wants to wear their hair short after the transplant. In comparison to medications and natural remedies, hair transplant is the most effective way to cure baldness. There are a wide variety of clinics that offer various hair transplant packages around the world. Most Western European patients come to Turkey for hair transplant to have both high-quality medical service and pay less.