Hymenoplasty surgery, also known as hymenorrhaphy or hymen reconstruction surgery is a procedure performed in order to restore the
Average Hymenoplasty costs are € 1,574, based on Hymenoplasty prices from 15 clinics. Cheapest Hymenoplasty cost is € 935 where Hymenoplasty prices can go up to € 2,160.
Hymenoplasty prices vary greatly depending on the clinic and the location. For example, Hymenoplasty in Turkey is a popular option where Hymenoplasty costs as low as € 935.
Please note that the Hymenoplasty prices listed on FlyMedi are the average price for Hymenoplasty procedures. Clinics may ask you to provide them with specific information about your medical condition in order to provide you a detailed cost estimate for Hymenoplasty procedures. To receive a personalized Hymenoplasty quote, please click HERE.
Hymenoplasty surgery, also known as hymenorrhaphy or hymen reconstruction surgery is a procedure performed in order to restore the hymen. The hymen is a small membrane positioned close to the entry point of the vagina. It has absolutely no function in the human body. Women usually have an intact hymen before starting their sex life, but there are a few exceptions.
What causes the hymen to break?
Intercourse is the first obvious reason. Masturbation can also lead to the breaking of the hymen. Certain intense physical activities such as horseback riding, riding a bicycle, exercise or sports can also lead to the breaking of the hymen. It can also break from trauma, a severe falls or simply tampon use.
Why do women from all around the world want their hymen “back”?
There is a multitude of reasons as to why women choose hymen reconstruction surgery:
● Cultural or religious requirements – In some cultures the woman is inspected before marriage in order to ensure that she is a virgin. Women can choose hymenoplasty to regain their intact hymen.
● Healing from sexual abuse – For some women, hymen reconstruction surgery or hymenoplasty surgery can be the first step towards healing from rape or other types of sexual abuse. Hymenoplasty surgery has the role of empowering the woman and restoring their old stronger self.
● Accidental rupture – Certain physical activities and even tampon use can rupture the hymen. Women can opt for hymenoplasty surgery a few days before marrying.
● Revirginization – Certain women have this procedure in order to offer their partners a special gift.
Any woman with a ruptured hymen can benefit from hymenoplasty surgery.
Hymenoplasty surgery or hymen reconstruction surgery is not recommended for patients suffering from cancer, poor blood clotting, any sort of gynaecological disease, acute infections or intolerance to anaesthesia. Patients cannot have this procedure during or a week before menstruation is due. Pregnant women cannot have hymen reconstruction surgery or hymenoplasty surgery – it’s best to wait until the pregnancy is over.
Before going in for hymenoplasty surgery, patients need a thorough examination to check for hepatitis or genital infections such as Ureaplasma, Mycoplasma or Chlamydia. Inflammatory diseases that can affect the genital area are also checked for. Hymen reconstruction surgery is recommended at least a week before menstruation is due.
Hymenoplasty surgery or hymen repair surgery can be performed by using several techniques:
● The first technique is the simplest – the edges of the hymen are simply stitched together. Intercourse after this technique can lead to some amount of pain and bleeding.
● With the second technique, a flap of the vaginal mucosa is used to repair the hymen. The effects of this procedure last only around a week.
● With third technique, the hymen is reconstructed from membranous vestiges or caruncles. This is the most effective and most popular choice for women.
The procedure itself is usually done under local anaesthesia but some women prefer general anaesthesia. Hymenoplasty surgery usually lasts under an hour.
Overnight stay is not required
Hymen reconstruction surgery requires a 4 to 6 weeks recovery period. Hymenoplasty surgery is a simple and straightforward procedure, but patients need to take considerations during the recovery period. Cleanliness is very important during the hymenoplasty surgery recovery period. Patients need to monitor the area for any signs of infection – sudden pain, extended bleedings, excessive tenderness are signs of infection. Patients need to abstain from sex during and after the hymenoplasty surgery recovery period. Tight underwear needs to be avoided for at least 2-3 weeks after the hymen repair surgery.
Hymen repair surgery complications can include:
● Excessive bleeding
● Risks associated with anaesthesia use
● Over-correction, leading to problematic intercourse
Hymenoplasty surgery side effects can include pain, discomfort and soreness. It usually depends on the technique used.
Hymenoplasty reviews set the average hymen repair surgery success rate at around 96%.
During the first intercourse after hymen repair surgery, women will experience some bleeding and pain, just as virgins would.