Average Vaginal Hysterectomy costs are € 5,163, based on Vaginal Hysterectomy prices from 16 clinics. Cheapest Vaginal Hysterectomy cost is € 3,098 where Vaginal Hysterectomy prices can go up to € 6,196.
Vaginal Hysterectomy prices vary greatly depending on the clinic and the location. For example, Vaginal Hysterectomy in Turkey is a popular option where Vaginal Hysterectomy costs as low as € 3,098.
Please note that the Vaginal Hysterectomy prices listed on FlyMedi are the average price for Vaginal Hysterectomy procedures. Clinics may ask you to provide them with specific information about your medical condition in order to provide you a detailed cost estimate for Vaginal Hysterectomy procedures. To receive a personalized Vaginal Hysterectomy quote, please click HERE.
Vaginal hysterectomy is the procedure of removing the uterus and other organs through the vagina and not through an incision such as in the abdomen or laparoscopic hysterectomy. As is generally accepted, the recovery time of vaginal hysterectomy is faster and does not have the risk of complications as abdominal hysterectomy.
The method used in vaginal hysterectomy allows the application of different types, like:
• Subtotal hysterectomy – It is the most limited type of hysterectomy. Only the uterus of the patient is removed.
• Total hysterectomy – both uterus and cervix are removed from the patient.
• Radical hysterectomy – In this procedure of hysterectomy, uterus, cervix, surrounding tissues, glands and parts of the vagina are removed.
• Hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy – radical and total hysterectomy may additionally involve the removal of fallopian tubes and ovaries.
In some cases, vaginal hysterectomy may be supported by laparoscopy. This procedure is called laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy. Specialists who do not wish to undergo total laparoscopic hysterectomy due to lack of experience or different situations use laparoscopy to provide a clear view of the uterus and other organs.
Vaginal hysterectomy is performed for the following reasons, involving:
• Abnormal bleeding and pelvic pain without a specific cause – Doctors may also find hysterectomy appropriate for the solution of certain gynecological problems.
• Cancer of several types, involving uterine cancer and cervical cancer.
The main reason why vaginal hysterectomy is preferred to abdominal hysterectomy is that it is less painful, and the healing process is faster
Vaginal hysterectomy is not the first choice if cervical and uterine cancer is suspected. In addition, endometriosis is treated by abdominal hysterectomy.In cases where it is not possible to remove from the vagina due to the size of the uterus, abdominal hysterectomy is carried out.
Vaginal hysterectomy does not result in scarring, as in abdominal hysterectomy, because organs are removed through the vagina. The experience of the doctor and the fact that the medical condition does not require abdominal hysterectomy can be considered as an advantage.
As vaginal hysterectomy positively impacts hysterectomy recovery period and minimizes the infection risk attributable to lack of open cuts, it likewise has negative sides. These involve an increased risk of damage to other organs.
This content is written and reviewed by our medical content team in September, 2019.