Average Butt Reduction costs are € 2,100, based on Butt Reduction prices from 10 clinics. Cheapest Butt Reduction cost is € 1,500 where Butt Reduction prices can go up to € 2,700.
Butt Reduction prices vary greatly depending on the clinic and the location. For example, Butt Reduction in Turkey is a popular option where Butt Reduction costs as low as € 2,700. You can also find Butt Reduction clinics in Hungary starting from € 1,500.
Please note that the Butt Reduction prices listed on FlyMedi are the average price for Butt Reduction procedures. Clinics may ask you to provide them with specific information about your medical condition in order to provide you a detailed cost estimate for Butt Reduction procedures. To receive a personalized Butt Reduction quote, please click HERE.
Butt reduction surgery is a type of plastic surgery procedure which utilizes liposuction as a means to create a more aesthetically pleasing butt by effectively reducing certain parts of it.
Both men and women from all around the world turn to this procedure in order to achieve sculptured buttocks and a more nicely shaped contour for their lower body area, especially if they cannot get rid of excess butt fat by following butt reduction exercises.
While butt reduction surgery can be performed by itself, many patients take advantage of the opportunity to greatly enhance their lower body area and combine the procedure with other types of plastic surgery:
● Thigh lift – this procedure helps to remove any excess skin and fat tissue in the thigh area
● Tummy tuck – also known as abdominoplasty, this popular procedure removes excess skin and tissue around the abdomen area ● Butt lift – some patients may have excess skin after the butt reduction surgery so that a butt lift procedure may be needed accordingly
● Liposuction – if the patient doesn’t have any excess skin tissue, liposuction can be applied around the thighs or abdomen
● Autologous fat transfer or fat grafting – the patient’s fat can be harvested and reinjected into specific areas around the butt, for a more appealing result
Any individual dissatisfied with the size or shape of their buttocks can benefit from butt reduction surgery. The most suitable candidates for this treatment are healthy and mentally stable nonsmokers with elastic skin and balanced weight.
Butt reduction surgery is not recommended for patients suffering from morbid obesity or for individuals looking to lose weight.Because, the goal of a butt reduction is not to lose weight, but rather to help people of normal weight who are looking for a more proportionate buttocks shape.
Patients need to avoid smoking for at least 3 weeks before the butt reduction surgery. Herbal supplements, blood thinners, anti-inflammatory medicine, and omega 3 capsules also need to be avoided for at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
A butt reduction procedure usually takes about three hours to perform. The reduction is achieved by the use of liposuction. The surgeon initiates the process by making multiple incisions along the upper part of the buttocks area. After incision, a long and thin tube called cannula is placed in the incision. This tube allows the doctor to remove fat from the patient.
The procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia, but general anesthesia may also be used if it is combined with another type of plastic surgery.
The most popular butt reduction surgery techniques include:
● Tumescent liposuction – This is the most popular form of liposuction. A large amount of liquid is injected into the fatty areas during the procedure. The liquid is a combination between anesthesia and other solutions that help break up fatty deposits. The fat is then suctioned, or sucked out, through small suction tubes called cannula.
● Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) – this procedure is very similar to the tumescent liposuction technique, the only difference being that the cannula is energized with ultrasound that helps break up fat cells.
● Power-assisted liposuction (PAS)– Also known as powered liposuction, this technique uses a special type of cannula which produces mechanical movement.
Local or General anesthetic
2 to 3 hours
The average butt reduction surgery recovery period lasts around 4 weeks. Patients will be provided with a compression garment that should be worn as described. Most patients may return to work a few days after butt reduction.
Butt reduction surgery complications can include the following:
● Unfavorable scarring
● Revision surgery
● Persistent swelling
● Poor wound healing
Patients can experience some degree of discomfort and pain after butt reduction surgery. They can also expect nausea if general anesthesia is used. Bruising, change in skin sensation and damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels and muscles should also be considered as butt redaction side effects. The post-op swelling and bruising generally disappear in around 3 weeks.
The average butt reduction surgery success rate is around 91%.
Patients need to maintain a stable weight after the butt reduction procedure. If the patient gains too much weight, the fatty tissue will simply grow back. A regular and personal diet and exercising are essential to maintaining the procedure’s results.
Butt Reduction Vs. Butt Lift – What Is the Difference?
Butt reduction is mainly performed through liposuction while butt lift may use several incisions in order to remove fat as well as skin tissue from the buttocks area. Liposuction can only eliminate excess fatty tissue; sagging skin is not a part of this procedure.
Is Butt Reduction Painful?
No, the procedure is not painful. Patients do not feel anything during the surgery due to the local or general anesthesia, and painkillers are allowed during the recovery period.
How Much Can Fat Be Removed During the Butt Reduction Procedure?
Around 3-4 liters or 6-7 pounds can be removed safely during the butt reduction procedure. Some patients may need another surgery in order to eliminate saggy skin in the buttocks area if they have after the butt reduction surgery.
This content is written and reviewed by our medical content team in July, 2019.