By Abdulaziz Ali - Medically reviewed by Prof. Zeynep Sevim, on Sep 12, 2023
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction, or lipo, is a popular cosmetic surgery that helps remove excess fat deposits from various body parts that don't respond to diet and exercise. Its primary goal isn't necessarily weight loss but body contouring and reshaping.
Body Contouring Turkey Recovery Time
Recovery from liposuction varies based on several factors, including the extent of the procedure, the techniques used, individual healing capacity, and dedication to post-operative instructions.
Immediate Post-operative Period (24-48 hours post-surgery)
It's normal to feel some pain and soreness in the treated areas. Pain is usually manageable with prescribed medications. There might be some fluid drainage from the incision sites, which is normal and can sometimes be tinged with blood.
Initial swelling and bruising are expected. These will gradually decrease over the subsequent weeks. The surgeon will recommend a compression garment to help reduce swelling and support the treated areas. It also aids in contouring.
Short-term Recovery (First Week)
Your surgeon will encourage you to walk to prevent blood clots and promote circulation. Refrain from strenuous activities, heavy lifting, and intense workouts. Daily activities are usually okay.
Your surgeon will provide specific instructions, but typically, you can shower 48 hours after the procedure. Avoid hot baths or soaking in tubs during the initial recovery phase. Depending on the extent of your procedure and the nature of your job, you might need several days to a week off work.
Intermediate Recovery (2-4 Weeks)
Gradual reintroduction of regular activities is encouraged. Listen to your body and avoid pushing yourself too hard.
While much of the swelling will have subsided, some residual swelling might persist. Some areas might also feel numb or have altered sensation; this generally improves over time. Your surgeon will schedule post-operative appointments to monitor your recovery and address concerns.
Long-term Recovery (1-6 Months)
Around the 3-month mark, most of the swelling should have resolved, and you'll start seeing the true results of the procedure. However, minor swelling can continue for up to 6 months. The skin will gradually adapt to its new contours. Maintaining hydration and proper skin care can support this process.
The incision sites will start to fade but might take up to a year or more to lighten fully. You should have resumed all regular activities, exercises, and routines by this phase.
Tips for a Smooth Recovery
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water aids in reducing swelling and promotes healing.
- Maintain a Balanced Diet: Nutrient-rich foods can speed healing and boost your immune system.
- Avoid Smoking and Alcohol: Both can impede recovery and increase the risk of complications.
- Follow Surgeon's Instructions: Always adhere to post-operative care instructions and attend all follow-up visits.
- Listen to Your Body: Everyone's healing process is unique. If something doesn't feel right, seek medical advice.
Liposuction Procedure Step-by-Step
Liposuction has a structured process. Understanding the steps can help mentally prepare you and set your expectations.
Consultation and Evaluation
Understand the areas you want to be treated and set realistic expectations with your surgeon. Your surgeon will assess any health conditions, medications, allergies, or previous surgeries that might influence the procedure's outcome or your eligibility. The surgeon evaluates the areas you wish to treat, checks skin elasticity, and determines how much fat they can remove.
follow the specific guidelines regarding diet, alcohol consumption, smoking, and medications. Typically, you will fast (no food or drink) for several hours before the surgery.
Anesthesia for Liposuction in Turkey
The procedure can be performed under local anesthesia (for smaller areas), sedation, or general anesthesia (for more extensive areas or if combined with other procedures). The choice depends on the specifics of the procedure and your preference.
Making the Incisions
Small, hidden incisions are made in or near the areas to be treated. The size and number of incisions depend on the liposuction technique and the places the surgeon will treat.
Fat Emulsification and Removal
- Fluid Injection: A sterile solution, often a mix of saline (salt water), lidocaine (anesthetic), and epinephrine (contracts blood vessels), is injected to reduce bleeding and trauma.
- Fat Breakdown: Depending on the technique, different tools or methods your surgeon will use:
- Tumescent Liposuction: The area is swollen and firm due to the injected solution and traditional cannulas.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction (UAL): Sound waves to break down fat cells.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction (LAL): Lasers help in liquefying the fat.
- Suctioning: Once the fat is emulsified, a cannula (a thin, hollow tube) connected to a vacuum is inserted through the incisions to suction the fat.
Closing the Incisions
Some surgeons may use dissolvable sutures to close the incisions, while others might leave them open to drain. Sometimes, the surgeon will place temporary drains to remove any accumulating fluid.
Applying Compression Garments
After the procedure, wear compression garments or elastic bandages to reduce swelling, support the treated tissues, and help contour the newly shaped areas.
Recovery and Discharge
Depending on the extent of the procedure and type of anesthesia used, you might need to stay for a few hours before being discharged. You'll receive guidelines about post-operative care, medications, potential signs of complications, and follow-up appointments.
Your surgeon will monitor your recovery, remove any non-dissolvable stitches, and address any concerns or questions you might have. As swelling subsides and the body adjusts, you'll start to see the final results. Subsequent visits may be scheduled to ensure optimal outcomes.
Types of Liposuction Procedures
Liposuction has evolved over the years, leading to the development of different techniques. Each technique has its advantages, considerations, and best-suited scenarios.
- Procedure: Tumescent liposuction Turkey is the most common form of liposuction. A large amount of saline solution mixed with local anesthesia is injected into the treated area. This solution swells the area, making fat cells easier to extract.
- Benefits: You will experience reduced bleeding and less pain post-procedure.
- Considerations: Because of the significant fluid injection, patients might feel very swollen immediately after the procedure.
Suction-assisted liposuction (SAL)
- Procedure: This is the traditional form of liposuction. After incisions, a thin, hollow tube (cannula) is inserted and moved back and forth to loosen fat; the surgeon suctioned it.
- Benefits: consistent results.
- Considerations: It can sometimes cause tissue trauma, leading to longer recovery.
Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL)
- Procedure: Utilizes a cannula that vibrates rapidly, allowing for easier fat removal. It is especially useful for dense areas of fat, such as the back or male breast tissue.
- Benefits: Faster procedure with less physical effort by the surgeon, leading to quicker patient recovery.
- Considerations: Requires a skilled surgeon familiar with the equipment.
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL)
- Procedure: Uses ultrasonic vibrations to turn fat cells into liquid. After emulsification, the fat is then suctioned out. It can be external (above the skin's surface) or internal (below the skin, closer to the fat).
- Benefits: Effective in removing fat from fibrous areas like the upper back or male breast tissue.
- Considerations: Potential risks include burns or thermal injuries.
Laser-assisted liposuction (LAL)
- Procedure: Also known as SmartLipo, this technique uses laser energy to liquefy fat cells. Once the fat is emulsified, it's removed via a cannula.
- Benefits: Laser-assisted liposuction Turkey can promote collagen production, leading to skin tightening. It's less invasive, often resulting in faster recovery and less bruising.
- Considerations: There's a risk of thermal burns if not done correctly.
Water Jet-Assisted Liposuction
- Procedure: Uses a pressurized stream of saline to dislodge and break up fat cells, which are then suctioned out. The simultaneous infusion and removal process can be gentler.
- Benefits: Reduced trauma to the tissues, which can lead to quicker recovery. It can also allow for more precise contouring.
- Considerations: The procedure is uncommon and slightly more expensive.
- Procedure: Comprehensive liposuction technique targeting multiple body areas (like the abdomen, waist, hips, and lower back) in a single session, aiming for a more uniform and sculpted appearance.
- Benefits: 360 lipo Turkey provides an all-around, balanced result.
- Considerations: Longer procedure time and more extensive recovery.
Factors Influencing the Cost of Fat Removal Turkey Surgery
Why does the price vary, and what might make affordable body contouring Turkey less expensive?
- The extent of the Area Being Treated: Treating larger areas or multiple areas during one session can raise the price.
- Clinic's Reputation: Highly reputable clinics might charge more due to their perceived value and proven track record.
- Surgeon's Experience: A surgeon with extensive experience and a history of successful procedures may charge higher fees.
- Additional Procedures or Treatments: Combining liposuction with other surgeries like a tummy tuck or a Brazilian butt lift can impact the cost. Also, opting for advanced liposuction techniques or technologies might carry different pricing.
- Geographical Location: Even within Turkey, belly fat removal surgery cost
can vary depending on whether the clinic is in a major or smaller city.
Ways to Finance Your Liposuction
Liposuction is usually a cosmetic procedure and often isn't covered by insurance. Hence, understanding your payment and financing options is beneficial.
- Payment Plans: Many clinics offer structured payment plans, allowing patients to pay for their procedures over a specified period.
- Medical Loans: Some financial institutions provide loans specifically tailored for Turkey medical travel procedures.
- Savings: It might seem old-fashioned, but saving up for the procedure ensures you don't incur debts.
- Package Deals: Some Turkish clinics offer cosmetic surgery packages Turkey deals for international patients that bundle the surgery cost with accommodations, transportation, and sometimes sightseeing.
What To Expect Post-Liposuction Care in Turkey
Proper preparation and knowing what to expect post-surgery are essential to achieve the best outcomes and smooth the experience.
Lifestyle Changes You Might Need:
Most surgeons will advise you to quit smoking several weeks before the surgery, as it can affect wound healing and recovery. Also, some medications and supplements can increase bleeding risk. Your surgeon will provide guidance on which ones to avoid or adjust.
Maintain a balanced diet to support your body's healing process. Sometimes, specific diets or fasting might be recommended before the surgery. Staying well-hydrated is crucial as it aids in recovery.
Setting Realistic Expectations:
Understand that liposuction is about contouring and reshaping, not significant weight loss. Also, small incision scars are normal, but they often fade with time. Sometimes, touch-ups or additional treatments are necessary for optimal results.
Return to Daily Activities: Dos and Don'ts After Liposuction
- Rest: Prioritize rest to allow your body to heal.
- Activity: Gradually reintroduce physical activity. Walking is encouraged to promote circulation, but avoid high-impact exercises for the recommended period.
- Hygiene: Showering and bathing instructions will vary, so follow your surgeon's guidance.
- Diet: Eat a balanced diet rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals to support healing. Stay hydrated.
- Weight Management: Maintaining a stable weight ensures the longevity of your liposuction results.
- Skin Care: Proper skin care can help enhance and maintain your results, especially in ensuring skin elasticity.
- Regular Check-ups: It's good to have occasional check-ups with your surgeon to ensure everything is healing and settling as it should.
Combining Liposuction with Other Procedures
Sometimes, achieving the desired aesthetic requires addressing other areas or aspects of the body. Combining procedures can be cost-effective and beneficial for those looking for a more dramatic transformation.
- Tummy Tuck in Turkey (Abdominoplasty): A perfect complement to liposuction for individuals with sagging skin or weakened abdominal muscles after significant weight loss or pregnancies.
- Brazilian Butt Lift in Turkey (BBL).
- Body Lift Surgery Turkey
- Breast Augmentation or Reduction.
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty): If sagging skin on the arms is a concern, an arm lift can be combined with liposuction to reduce fat and tighten the skin.
- Thigh Lift: Similar to the arm lift but focusing on the inner or outer thighs. It can sculpt the legs when combined with liposuction.
- Mommy Makeover: A tailored package that usually includes liposuction, tummy tuck, and breast procedures to restore a woman's body post-pregnancy.
How Much Fat Can Be Removed With Liposuction In Turkey?
The maximum fat volume your surgeon can remove in a single liposuction session is about 5 liters. When considering liposuction, it's essential to understand the limitations and the Safety of liposuction in Turkey. The amount of fat your surgeon can remove during a single liposuction session varies depending on different factors.
- Safety First: Removing larger volumes of fat can increase the risk of complications, including infections, blood clots, cardiac issues, and fat embolism (where fat enters the bloodstream and blocks blood vessels).
- Patient's Health: Patients in good health with good skin elasticity are typically better candidates for liposuction.
- Area of Treatment: Some body areas allow for more fat removal than others. For instance, the abdominal area might accommodate the removal of larger fat volumes compared to more delicate regions like the neck or arms.
- Surgeon's Judgment: The surgeon's experience and judgment play a crucial role. A seasoned surgeon will know when to prioritize safety over the desire for more dramatic results.
How Long Do I Have To Stay In Turkey After Liposuction?
For many patients undergoing liposuction in Turkey, the surgeon recommends a stay of 10 to 14 days post-procedure. This duration allows for adequate recovery and follow-up appointments and ensures you're fit for travel. However, always consult with your surgeon for personalized advice.
When considering medical tourism in Turkey, such as undergoing liposuction in Turkey, it's essential to factor in the recovery time post-procedure and the recommended duration of stay in the country. It ensures not only optimal results but also your safety.
Liposuction Risks in Turkey
Some of the possible reactions you can develop after fat removal surgery include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Numbness, soreness, and pain
Body Contouring Results
Most patients will see 90% of successful results after one to three months.
How To Prepare For The Liposuction?
- A week before the procedure, you should stop taking Aspirin and any other medication that causes blood thinning.
- If you are allergic to drugs, you should inform your surgeon as soon as possible.
- Avoid smoking before the surgery.
- Consuming any alcoholic beverages can affect anesthesia. It would be best if you did not take anything alcoholic before surgery.
- Follow your doctor-prescribed medication that adjusts your current medicines.
|| 2 - 4 hours
|| 3 nights hotel
|Cost in Turkey
|| €2350 - €4250
|| Depends on treated areas
|| 4 - 6 weeks
|| After 6 months
|| Numbness, soreness, pain, bruising
|| Anesthesia risks, infection, seroma
|| 85% - 95%
|| After 4 weeks
|Back To Work
|| After 2 weeks
|| Yes (tiny invisible)
|| CoolSclupting, Laser liposuction
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is liposuction in Turkey?
The average liposuction cost Turkey is €2750. But the liposuction cost in Turkey will change based on the location of the clinics, the surgeon's experience, the technique used, and the type of treatment.
Is Turkey good at plastic surgery?
Turkey is one of the best destinations for cosmetic and medical procedures. Because of the many qualified surgeons and Turkey plastic surgery packages affordable treatments.
Can you lose 20 pounds with liposuction?
No, liposuction is a body-contouring procedure, not a weight-loss method. Only 5 liters (or approximately 5 kilograms) of fat can be safely removed in one session.
What is the BMI cut-off for liposuction?
While there's no strict BMI cut-off, many surgeons recommend a BMI of 30 or below for liposuction. It's important to consult with a surgeon for individual evaluation.
How painful is liposuction?
While discomfort varies by individual, liposuction is generally well-tolerated. You can manage the discomfort with medications, and most patients describe the sensation as soreness rather than sharp pain.
How much does 2 liters of fat weigh?
Approximately 2 kilograms. Fat has a density slightly less than water.
Can I get liposuction if I'm obese?
Liposuction is not an obesity treatment. Those with a BMI over 30 should consult a surgeon to discuss risks and realistic expectations.
Can you get lipo with 35 BMI?
It's possible, but depends on individual health conditions and the surgeon's assessment. There may be increased risks associated with higher BMIs.
How heavy is too heavy for liposuction?
There's no strict weight limit, but candidates with a BMI over 30 should consult with a surgeon to discuss potential risks.
Does the fat come back after lipo?
Liposuction permanently removes fat cells. However, the remaining fat cells can expand if a person gains weight. Maintaining a stable weight is key to long-term success.
Will my stomach sag after lipo?
It depends on skin elasticity. Good skin elasticity may retract well post-lipo, while poor elasticity could lead to some sagging.
Does Lipo 360 include bra fat?
Lipo 360 typically targets the entire midsection, including the abdomen, waist, flanks, and lower back. If you want bra fat addressed, you should specify this with your surgeon.
Will I weigh less after liposuction?
Yes, after the removed fat and post-operative swelling subsides, you'll weigh slightly less due to the fat that has been permanently removed.