By Abdulaziz Ali - Medically reviewed by Prof. Zeynep Sevim, on Nov 07, 2023
What’s Chin Liposuction?
Chin liposuction is a minor cosmetic surgery to remove excess fat from the chin to give it a tighter and much more defined appearance. The main aim of double chin liposuction is to get rid of the double chin and leave behind a youthful chin with a sharp jawline.
Chin liposuction, also known as submental liposuction, is often performed simultaneously with other procedures to significantly enhance the appearance and aesthetics of the neck region.
Chin Liposuction Recovery Time
The recovery time for chin liposuction Turkey varies depending on the extent of the procedure.
Most patients can return to work within a week and resume normal activities within two weeks.
However, it is important to avoid strenuous activity, sun exposure, and alcohol consumption for at least two weeks after the procedure.
Chin Liposuction Alternative Treatments
The chin liposuction cost is one of the main factors that need to be considered when deciding to undergo the procedure. If the cost isn’t something you are comfortable with or you want more radical results that target the neck and chin together, then you can choose alternative treatment options such as:
- Neck liposuction
How is Chin Liposuction Surgery Performed?
Chin liposuction is typically performed under local anesthesia with sedation. Here is a step-by-step guide to how chin liposuction surgery is performed:
- Anesthesia: The surgeon will administer local anesthesia and sedation to numb the area and help you feel comfortable during the procedure.
- Incision: The surgeon will make a small incision, typically in the chin or neck area. The incision is usually less than half an inch long and is made in a discreet location to minimize scarring.
- Cannula insertion: The surgeon will insert a thin, hollow tube called a cannula through the incision. The cannula is attached to a suction device that will remove excess fat from the chin and neck area.
- Fat removal: The surgeon will move the cannula back and forth in a controlled motion to suction out the excess fat cells. The surgeon will sculpt the area to achieve a more defined jawline and neck.
- Closing the incision: Once the fat has been removed, the surgeon will close the incision with sutures or surgical tape. The incision is typically so small that it requires no stitches to close.
- Recovery: After the procedure, the surgeon will apply a compression garment to help reduce swelling and promote healing. You may experience some discomfort, swelling, and bruising in the area, but these symptoms usually subside within a few days to a week.
What Should I Expect After Chin Liposuction
It is important to go in for this procedure with all the facts. You should use the consultation period with your surgeon to ask questions about the procedure, potential side effects, and the skill set of the surgeon. Another important question to ask is what to expect after chin liposuction.
The recovery period is short but there can be swelling and a mild level of discomfort that you need to be mindful of. The skin overlying the chin may feel extremely tight the first day after the procedure, but by day 3, it will relax and go back to its normal state.
You should also have a loved one take care of you after the chin liposuction procedure and have someone drive you back home. This way, you can focus completely on getting better and enjoying the results of your procedure.
Side Effects of Chin Liposuction Procedure
Like any surgical procedure, chin liposuction carries some risks, including
- Fat embolism.
- Excess fluid accumulation.
- Nerve damage.
- Skin irregularities and discoloration.
These risks are rare and can be minimized by choosing a reputable clinic with experienced medical professionals.
Chin Liposuction Surgery Results
The success rate of chin liposuction is 95%. The results of chin liposuction in Turkey are typically long-lasting as long as the patient maintains a stable weight and follows a healthy lifestyle.
You can expect to see a more defined jawline and neck, with a reduced appearance of a double chin.
How To Prepare For Facial Liposuction in Turkey?
To prepare for facial liposuction in Turkey, you should avoid blood-thinning medications, smoking, and alcohol consumption for at least two weeks before the procedure.
You should also arrange for someone to drive them home after the procedure and plan to take at least a week off work for proper recovery.
Chin lipo in Turkey is an affordable and effective solution to eliminate stubborn fat and achieve a youthful appearance.
Choosing a reputable clinic with experienced medical professionals can help minimize the risks and ensure optimal results. In addition, Chin lipo Turkey cost less compared to the cost in other countries. Thus, by choosing Chin Liposuction Turkey, you can combine the benefits of medical care with a unique travel experience, making it an attractive option for those seeking affordable treatment abroad. Request an online consultation or a free quote.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much is chin lipo in Turkey?
The cost of chin lipo in Turkey ranges from €2950 - €3150, depending on the clinic and the extent of the procedure.
Are there downsides to chin liposuction?
Like any surgical procedure, chin liposuction carries some risks, including infection, bleeding, and anesthesia complications.
Does chin lipo give you a jawline?
Yes, chin lipo can help define the jawline by removing excess fat from the chin and neck area.
How long does chin lipo results last?
The results of chin lipo are typically long-lasting as long as the patient maintains a stable weight and follows a healthy lifestyle.
Does chin lipo make your face look skinnier?
Chin lipo can help create a more defined and sculpted appearance to the face and neck, resulting in a slimmer appearance.
Does chin lipo grow back?
As the fat cells will be completely removed from the chin region, the double chin will not grow back.
How to sleep after chin liposuction?
You should sleep on your back, for the first three days at least, with your head elevated to a 30-degree angle.