Bone graft surgery is a kind of operation utilized for the replacement of absent bone and repairment of complex bone breaks. Complex bone breaks can occasionally be quite troublesome as they can result in complications, or they may not get better appropriately. Despite the fact that the patient's bone can generally recover itself totally, at times, bone graft operation is requisite so as to give the bone sufficient assistance to do so. Dental bone graft operation is one of the most widely recognized kinds of bone grafting procedures. The majority of the patients need dental bone graft operation previous to the dental implant. The method guarantees that the implant will have a solid foundation, providing its strength and capacity to resist pressure from biting.
Dental bone graft operation has 3 major kinds:
● Autologous graft procedure – with this kind of operation, the bone graft is gathered from the patient’s body. The chin or back of the bottom jaw can be used for this reason. In the case of not having sufficient grafting material, the hip bone might be utilized.
● Allograft procedure – an appropriately cleaned and treated cadaveric bone graft is implanted. Grafting material can be gathered from cows as well.
● Synthetic graft procedure – utilized from biocompatible materials that have resembling features to the patient's natural bone and propose similar strength and assistance.
For patients who have bone loss in any place, the bone graft operation is suggested. The method is generally carried out when bone from under the gum tissue cannot carry an implant. The bone can be shorter or narrower because of several causes, involving:
● Gum disease or periodontal disease
● Dental cavities and infection
● Genetic reasons
● Formerdental procedures
● Tooth loss
Bone Graft (71 Clinics)
What Our Patients Say