Autologous fat transfer surgery, also known as fat grafting surgery or fat injections is a type of plastic surgery procedure in which
Average Fat Transfer costs are € 1,161, based on Fat Transfer prices from 21 clinics. Cheapest Fat Transfer cost is € 440 where Fat Transfer prices can go up to € 2,400.
Fat Transfer prices vary greatly depending on the clinic and the location. For example, Fat Transfer in Turkey is a popular option where Fat Transfer costs as low as € 970. You can also find Fat Transfer clinics in Poland starting from € 440.
Please note that the Fat Transfer prices listed on FlyMedi are the average price for Fat Transfer procedures. Clinics may ask you to provide them with specific information about your medical condition in order to provide you a detailed cost estimate for Fat Transfer procedures. To receive a personalized Fat Transfer quote, please click HERE.
Autologous fat transfer surgery, also known as fat grafting surgery or fat injections is a type of plastic surgery procedure in which fatty tissue is transferred from areas with excess fat, to areas lacking in volume. Men and women from all around the world use this type of procedure in order to improve their aesthetical appearance. During fat transfer surgery or fat grafting surgery, fat is usually harvested from the abdomen, outer thighs and buttocks. The fat is then reinjected into the body through a process called fat injection – patients usually inject the fat in areas such as the hands, breasts, face or buttocks.
There are a few types of autologous fat transfer surgery or fat grafting surgery, depending on the areas where the fat is injected into the body:
● Fat transfer to face – This technique is a good choice for patients with laugh lines, smile lines, facial creases, acne scars, deep lines between the nose and mouth, forehead wrinkles or other skin depressions.
● Fat transfer breast augmentation or fat transfer to breast – This technique is recommended for patients who desire a small increase in bust size.
● Fat grafting breast reconstruction – Fat transfer surgery is useful for patients suffering from breast defects. It can also be used as a means for total breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
● Fat transfer to buttocks – This technique is called Brazilian butt lift.
● Hand rejuvenation with fat transfer surgery – patients can improve the look of their hands, making them appear much younger with this technique.
● Fat transfer to lips – The harvested fat can be injected into the patient’s lips, making them much fuller.
Patients with creases or defects in the buttocks, face, bust, hands can benefit from fat transfer surgery.
Fat transfer surgery or fat grafting surgery is not recommended for underweight patients. Patients usually need to be a bit overweight for this surgery. Patients need to be in good health before going in for fat transfer surgery.
Heavy smokers need to quit smoking at least a month before going in for fat transfer surgery as it can have a negative effect on the fat grafting surgery’s outcome. Blood thinners are not allowed at least 2 weeks before the surgery.
Fat grafting surgery requires either local or general anaesthesia. Once the anaesthesia kicks in, the surgeon can begin harvesting the extra fat through liposuction. The harvested fat is then reinjected into the patient’s face, hands, buttocks or bust, according to a pre-set objective. Once the surgeon is pleased with the result, the fat grafting recovery period can begin.
Local or General anesthetic
An overnight stay may be required
1 to 2 hours
The fat grafting surgery recovery period depends on where the fat is harvested from, the area where it is reinjected and the amount of fat used. Patients can usually return to work in around 2 weeks , but some swelling will remain up until the third week.
Fat grafting surgery complications can include:
● A negative reaction to anaesthesia
● Infection in the area where the fat is harvested
● Temporary sensory impairment
● Damage to tissues in the liposuction area
● Revision surgery
Fat grafting surgery patients can experience swelling and bruising during the first week following the surgery. After the first week, these post-operatory side effects will slowly subside. During the second week the bruising will subside altogether but some swelling will still remain. Sports should be avoided for 2 weeks after the procedure, and smoking is strongly prohibited at least a month after the surgery.
A survey based on 309 fat grafting surgery patients sets the satisfaction rate at 84%. Patients need to be realistic about the procedure and what it can achieve.
Fat grafting surgery is a safe procedure which provides long lasting results to patients. It’s worthy to note that patients need to maintain their weight in order to maintain their surgical results.