Hymenoplasty surgery, also known as hymenorrhaphy or hymen
Cheapest Hymenoplasty price in Turkey is € 935. Average Hymenoplasty cost in Turkey is € 1,548 where prices can go as high as € 2,160.
With FlyMedi, you can connect with 10 Gynecology centers in Turkey that are offering Hymenoplasty procedures. These Gynecology centers are accredited by international standard-setting bodies including JCI and ISCT. Popular Hymenoplasty destinations in Turkey include Istanbul, Ankara and Antalya.
Prices listed on this page are the average price for Hymenoplasty. Clinics may require more details regarding your medical condition in order to provide you with a personalized Hymenoplasty quote. For a more accurate Hymenoplasty price quote, please click HERE.
Turkey is a treasure trove of traditions, spices, street food delights and destinations for any intrepid tourist. It’s a mix between the familiar and the exotic, ranging from the bustling streets of Istanbul to the serene and relaxed Roman ruins spread around Turkey’s Western and Southern coast. Turkey is a fairly large country with 75 million inhabitants. The country spreads between Europe and Asia, with 97% of the country on the Asian side – Asian Turkey. Turkey is encircled and enjoys access to three different seas: The Black Sea, The Aegean Sea and the Mediterranean. Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey and the largest city in Europe, regarding population – It has over 14 million people.
Turkey’s medical infrastructure has improved greatly beginning with the early 2000s and now is one of the biggest medical tourism hubs in Europe and Asia. Turkey has the largest number of JCI-accredited hospitals, second only to the USA and hospitals are more often than not part of international healthcare groups, following strict European protocols and regulations. Turkey has 28.000 medical institutions spread across the European and Asian side but some of the biggest private hospitals and medical centres are in Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya and Bodrum – these also happen to be some of the best tourist destinations in Turkey.
Bodrum is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Turkey, with its sandy beaches and small streets littered with traditional shops and elegant restaurants. The town used to be called Halicarnassus, and the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus is one of the World’s Seven Ancient Wonders. Bodrum also features a castle built by the crusaders in the 15th century.
Istanbul is the home of several architectural treasures, including the Blue Mosque. The Blue Mosque was built on the orders of Sultan Ahmed between 1609 and 1616 and the Sultan’s body still resides within the mosque. The high ceiling is lined with more than 20000 handmade ceramic tiles, hence the name – The Blue Mosque.
Pamukkale, meaning “The Cotton Castle” in Turkish is a surreal destination in the country’s western region of Denizli, world renowned for its white terraces with warm spring water. The ancient Greek city of Hierapolis was built over the springs and Pamukkale was a renowned destination in antiquity as well. Tourists can visit the ancient Roman and Greek ruins of the baths, temples and theatres dating to the second century BC.
● If you don’t feel like waiting in a queue, you can get a VISA for Turkey online. The VISA usually costs around $20 for US travellers.
● Turkey’s population is predominantly Islamic so it’s a good idea to wear a headscarf while visiting mosques. Shorts or any other garments that fit under the knee are not prohibited by law but it’s considered good etiquette not to wear shorts for men or short skirts for women.
● You can change any sort of currency into the Turkish Lira – the Turkish currency just about everywhere. Most supermarkets and shops also accept credit cards.
● Roaming fees in Turkey can be somewhat expensive, so it’s a good idea to simply buy a new Turkish SIM card and use it while staying in Turkey.
● Turkey’s international calling code is +90.
● Electrical installations usually operate on 220 volts, 50 Hz and use European style plugs and European style sockets. Four and Five star hotels usually provide North American - 120 volts, 60 Hz sockets as well.
● Driving in Turkey can be a hassle sometimes, but very pleasurable at other times. Roads are usually in good shape and some roads actually lack traffic, so it can be a relaxing experience. In Turkey, people drive on the right, so that’s a detail you will need to keep in mind. In some areas, villagers made cardboard and marker pen signs in order to help lost tourist on their way.
● Renting a car in Turkey is quite simple and cheap. If you have the budget for a full insurance, you should definitely take it – if anything happens, at least you won’t have to worry about money.
● The Turkish Airlines Company, THY offers destinations to just about anywhere in the world with a total of 261 destinations. The company was founded in 1933 and features 285 passenger and cargo planes.
● Turkey uses the metric system which is easy enough to understand – 1 Km = 1000 meters, 1 Kg = 1000 grams, and so on. One mile equals 1.60 Km.
● Turkish people are warm and very hospitable - It is customary for people to hug and kiss both cheeks regardless of their gender.
● Turkish street food is very diverse, from the simple bagel-type snack Simit to the familiar pizza-type Lahmacun, there are tons of variants to just about anything.
● Turkish coffee is world renowned, but it’s also a bit different than say, its American counterpart - It is usually a strong coffee with a rich aroma, served very hot from a small traditional cup. Be careful not to drink any of the coffee grounds still in the cup.
● Turkish delight, as the name suggests, can be a really sweet delight for tourists. It is made from sugar, starch and just about any fruit or aroma imaginable, including walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, dates, lemon, orange, rosewater and many others. Turkish delight is usually served with coffee and it became popular all around the world, including in the Balkans region and as far as Brazil and North America.
Hymenoplasty surgery, also known as hymenorrhaphy or hymen reconstruction surgery, is a medical procedure that is performed to restore the hymen.The hymen is a small membrane positioned close to the entry point of the vagina. There is no function of the hymen for the human body. Generally, females have an intact hymen before having intercourse, but there are exceptions.
What causes the hymen to break?
Sexual intercourse is the initial main reason for the hymen to rupture. In some cases, masturbation can also cause the rupture of the hymen. Some of the heavy physical activities may cause the rupture of the hymen as well, such as horseback riding, riding a bicycle, exercise, or sports. Also, the hymen can be ruptured as a result of trauma, a heavy fall, or simply tampon use.
Why do women from all around the world want their hymen “back”?
There are several reasons for a woman to decide on a hymen reconstruction surgery:
● Cultural or religious requirements – In some cultures before the marriage, the woman is expected to be a virgin. Therefore, she is inspected.Women can choose hymenoplasty to regain their intact hymen.
● Healing from sexual abuse –Women who are the survivors of sexual assault may decide on having a hymen reconstruction surgery or hymenoplasty surgery.Hymenoplasty surgery has the role of empowering the woman and restoring their old stronger self.
● Accidental rupture – Hymen can be ruptured by using a tampon in addition to some physical activities.Women can opt for hymenoplasty surgery a few days before marrying. ● Revirginization – Certain women, have this procedure in order to offer their partners a special gift.
For any female patient who wants to repair their hymen, hymenoplasty can be performed.
For the patients who are suffering from cancer, poor blood clotting, any kind of gynecological disease, acute infections, or intolerance to anesthesia, the hymenoplasty procedure is not suggested. Also, during the mensuration and a week before the menstruation, hymenoplasty cannot be performed. Additionally, hymenoplasty cannot be performed for pregnant women as well–it’s best to wait until the pregnancy is over.
Before the hymenoplasty operation, doctors perform examinations to check for hepatitis or genital infections such as ureaplasma, mycoplasma, or chlamydia. Doctors also look for the inflammatory diseases that might influence the genital area. Also, the hymenoplasty is suggested at least a week before the menstruation.
Hymenoplasty surgery can be performed in several different methods, such as:
● The first technique is the simplest – the edges of the hymen are simply stitched together. After this procedure, patients might feel pain and bleeding during sexual intercourse.
● With the second technique, a flap of the vaginal mucosa is used to repair the hymen. This operation’s effects remain for around a week.
● With the third technique, the hymen is reconstructed from membranous vestiges or caruncles. This technique is the most common and most efficient one.
Hymenoplasty is mostly performed with local anesthesia. However, some patients may request general anesthesia. Usually, hymenoplasty lasts for around an hour.
Overnight stay is not required
The recovery period of hymenoplasty lasts for around 4-6 weeks. Although hymenoplasty operation is a relatively easy practice, patients should pay attention to the recovery period as well. During the recovery period of hymenoplasty, hygiene is a very important factor. During the recovery phase, patients should observe their body for the signs of infection, which may involve sudden pain, excessive bleeding, and excessive tenderness. Also, during the recovery period, patients should avoid sexual intercourse as well. Additionally, after the operation, patients should avoid tight underwears for around 2-3 weeks.
There are several complications and risks related to hymen reconstruction surgery, such as:
● Excessive bleeding
● Complications related to anesthesia use
● Over-correction, leading to problematic intercourse
Even though the side effects differ depending on the type of method used, patients might experience pain, discomfort, and soreness.
The success rate of hymenoplasty operations is around 96%.
After the hymen reconstruction surgery, during the first sexual intercourse, patients might experience some amounts of bleeding and pain.
- Is general anesthesia required for hymen reconstruction surgery?
During the hymen reconstruction surgery, mostly local anesthesia is used. However, some of the patients may demand general anesthesia specifically.
- Which hymenoplasty surgery technique is recommended for me?
Depending on the patient’s expectations from the operation, the type of technique is chosen. While some methods provide more permanent results, other techniques last for about a week.
- Do I need to spend the night in the hospital?
Generally, it is not necessitated for patients to stay at the hospital after the operation.
This content is written and reviewed by our medical content team in August, 2019.