Vaginoplasty is a type of plastic surgery and cosmetic gynecology, as it is done for cosmetic as well as functional reasons. Vaginoplasty surgery can enhance and correct the vulvovaginal structures, the vaginal canal, and surrounding muscle tissue.
Vaginal rejuvenation is also referred to as cosmetic vaginal surgery, aesthetic vaginal surgery or simply vaginoplasty surgery – this procedure aims to strengthen the functions of the vaginal area as well as reshaping it for a more youthful appearance.
Vaginal rejuvenation generally consists of different procedures depending on the aim of the surgery:
● Vaginoplasty surgery– This procedure is a branch of plastic surgery and its definition involves removing the excess tissue from the vaginal lining and tightening the surrounding tissue.
● Labiaplasty surgery – This procedure refers to a cosmetic genital enhancement through the reduction of the labia minora. The shape of the labia can also be improved to a more pleasing form through this particular procedure.
● Intestinal vaginoplasty– This procedure is a reconstructive genital procedure for the vaginal canal and the vulva that can be performed in patients with congenital agenesis of the vagina, patients with disorders of sex development, male-to-female transgender patients.
The vaginoplasty procedure is usually done for functional reasons while labiaplasty surgery is done for aesthetic reasons.
Vaginoplasty surgery or vaginal rejuvenation surgery is recommended for women suffering from:
● Congenital diseases such as vaginal hypoplasia
● Physical trauma related to giving birth
● Vaginal laxity after childbirth
● Sexual dysfunction because of the separating of muscles and lack of tone
● Chronic labial irritation from tight clothing, sports or sex n.
Transgender candidates can also benefit from a vaginoplasty procedure, as part of their sex transition.
Vaginoplasty (35 Clinics)
What Our Patients Say