Many women want to increase their breast size. While there are certain ways to achieve a natural breast enlargement, still, the most effective way remains a breast augmentation surgery. Breast augmentation(commonly known as a boob job) is a cosmetic surgery procedure to increase breast size and enhance breast shape and these goals may be achieved by many methods, including breast implants and fat transfer breast augmentation.
Various types of breast augmentation may bring different effects, for this reason, it is important to get the proper information from one's plastic surgeon before deciding on any cosmetic surgery.
Types of Breast Augmentation
There are several types of breast augmentation, including:
• Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation – in fat transfer breast augmentation, surgeons increase breast size with patient's fat, harvested through liposuction from other parts of the body such as lower abdomen or buttocks. Fat transfer breast augmentation offers an alternative to more popular breast implants, in which no artificial materials are used.
• Silicone Breast Implants – Silicone breast implants are currently the most popular material used in breast augmentation surgery. It brings women to full, shaped breasts and guarantees the desired size, but they need to be replaced after a few years.
• Saline Breast Implants – While saline breast implants may not be as popular as silicone implants, they attract the attention of many women, especially those who do not trust silicone breast implants enough. Saline implants are filled with a sterile saline solution, like saltwater, and underneath very thin skin, folds of a saline implant might be seen or felt more often which may lead to "rippling".
Additionally, apart from materials used in breast augmentation surgery, we can divide breast implants with regard to their shape. These are:
• Round Implants– together with silicone implants, constitute the absolute classics of breast augmentation surgery. Round breast implants aim to make breasts appear fuller than form-stable implants. However, in recent years round implants become less popular due to their supposed ‘unnatural’ shape comparing to teardrop implants. However, still many women aren’t ashamed that they had a boob job, more than that, they are proud of their decision and ready to accentuate it with round implants.
• Teardrop Implants – teardrop breast implants are the ideal choice to those patients who didn’t want to decide for breast augmentation surgery with breast implants due to their supposedly unnatural shape. Teardrop implants offer a breast increase together with a more natural look and shape.However, as a disadvantage, teardrop implants will be more noticeable if they rotate out of place since they aren’t the same shape on all sides.
Considering the high-quality treatment options offered abroad, the cost of breast augmentation surgery can be advantageous. For example, in Turkey, breast augmentation prices are cheap compared to many European countries. Besides the cost advantage, the clinics and doctors are well-experienced and very successful.