Thigh lift surgery or thigh
Cheapest Thigh Lift price in Turkey is € 2,008. Average Thigh Lift cost in Turkey is € 2,430 where prices can go as high as € 2,646.
With FlyMedi, you can connect with 11 Plastic Surgery centers in Turkey that are offering Thigh Lift procedures. These Plastic Surgery centers are accredited by international standard-setting bodies including JCI and EMBT. Popular Thigh Lift destinations in Turkey include Istanbul, Ankara and Antalya.
Prices listed on this page are the average price for Thigh Lift. Clinics may require more details regarding your medical condition in order to provide you with a personalized Thigh Lift quote. For a more accurate Thigh Lift price quote, please click HERE.
Turkey is a treasure trove of traditions, spices, street food delights and destinations for any intrepid tourist. It’s a mix between the familiar and the exotic, ranging from the bustling streets of Istanbul to the serene and relaxed Roman ruins spread around Turkey’s Western and Southern coast. Turkey is a fairly large country with 75 million inhabitants. The country spreads between Europe and Asia, with 97% of the country on the Asian side – Asian Turkey. Turkey is encircled and enjoys access to three different seas: The Black Sea, The Aegean Sea and the Mediterranean. Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey and the largest city in Europe, regarding population – It has over 14 million people.
Turkey’s medical infrastructure has improved greatly beginning with the early 2000s and now is one of the biggest medical tourism hubs in Europe and Asia. Turkey has the largest number of JCI-accredited hospitals, second only to the USA and hospitals are more often than not part of international healthcare groups, following strict European protocols and regulations. Turkey has 28.000 medical institutions spread across the European and Asian side but some of the biggest private hospitals and medical centres are in Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya and Bodrum – these also happen to be some of the best tourist destinations in Turkey.
Bodrum is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Turkey, with its sandy beaches and small streets littered with traditional shops and elegant restaurants. The town used to be called Halicarnassus, and the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus is one of the World’s Seven Ancient Wonders. Bodrum also features a castle built by the crusaders in the 15th century.
Istanbul is the home of several architectural treasures, including the Blue Mosque. The Blue Mosque was built on the orders of Sultan Ahmed between 1609 and 1616 and the Sultan’s body still resides within the mosque. The high ceiling is lined with more than 20000 handmade ceramic tiles, hence the name – The Blue Mosque.
Pamukkale, meaning “The Cotton Castle” in Turkish is a surreal destination in the country’s western region of Denizli, world renowned for its white terraces with warm spring water. The ancient Greek city of Hierapolis was built over the springs and Pamukkale was a renowned destination in antiquity as well. Tourists can visit the ancient Roman and Greek ruins of the baths, temples and theatres dating to the second century BC.
● If you don’t feel like waiting in a queue, you can get a VISA for Turkey online. The VISA usually costs around $20 for US travellers.
● Turkey’s population is predominantly Islamic so it’s a good idea to wear a headscarf while visiting mosques. Shorts or any other garments that fit under the knee are not prohibited by law but it’s considered good etiquette not to wear shorts for men or short skirts for women.
● You can change any sort of currency into the Turkish Lira – the Turkish currency just about everywhere. Most supermarkets and shops also accept credit cards.
● Roaming fees in Turkey can be somewhat expensive, so it’s a good idea to simply buy a new Turkish SIM card and use it while staying in Turkey.
● Turkey’s international calling code is +90.
● Electrical installations usually operate on 220 volts, 50 Hz and use European style plugs and European style sockets. Four and Five star hotels usually provide North American - 120 volts, 60 Hz sockets as well.
● Driving in Turkey can be a hassle sometimes, but very pleasurable at other times. Roads are usually in good shape and some roads actually lack traffic, so it can be a relaxing experience. In Turkey, people drive on the right, so that’s a detail you will need to keep in mind. In some areas, villagers made cardboard and marker pen signs in order to help lost tourist on their way.
● Renting a car in Turkey is quite simple and cheap. If you have the budget for a full insurance, you should definitely take it – if anything happens, at least you won’t have to worry about money.
● The Turkish Airlines Company, THY offers destinations to just about anywhere in the world with a total of 261 destinations. The company was founded in 1933 and features 285 passenger and cargo planes.
● Turkey uses the metric system which is easy enough to understand – 1 Km = 1000 meters, 1 Kg = 1000 grams, and so on. One mile equals 1.60 Km.
● Turkish people are warm and very hospitable - It is customary for people to hug and kiss both cheeks regardless of their gender.
● Turkish street food is very diverse, from the simple bagel-type snack Simit to the familiar pizza-type Lahmacun, there are tons of variants to just about anything.
● Turkish coffee is world renowned, but it’s also a bit different than say, its American counterpart - It is usually a strong coffee with a rich aroma, served very hot from a small traditional cup. Be careful not to drink any of the coffee grounds still in the cup.
● Turkish delight, as the name suggests, can be a really sweet delight for tourists. It is made from sugar, starch and just about any fruit or aroma imaginable, including walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, dates, lemon, orange, rosewater and many others. Turkish delight is usually served with coffee and it became popular all around the world, including in the Balkans region and as far as Brazil and North America.
Thigh lift surgery or thigh plasty is a type of plastic surgery procedure which can effectively tighten the skin around the thighs area, thus reducing any sagging in the inner and outer thighs regions. This procedure aims to achieve firmer and more attractive upper legs. Thigh plasty surgery is usually performed on patients that have lost a considerable amount of weight, but it can also be performed on individuals that have excess fat and loose skin tissue around the thighs.
There are two main types of thigh lift surgery:
● Inner thigh lift surgery or inner thighplasty
● Outer thigh lift surgery or outer thighplasty
An outer thigh lift procedure can be performed as part of a body lift procedure. The inner thigh lift is usually performed as a single procedure. Patients often combine outer thigh lift surgery with tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. This is called an extended or vertical thigh lift procedure.
Thigh lifting surgery is recommended, especially for patients who have lost significant amounts of weight by bariatric surgery or exercise. Because these patients usually have a large amount of drooping tissue around the thigh area after their excess weight loss experience. Some patients may have sagging skin around the thighs even without any weight loss. It can only be due to genetics.
Thigh lift procedure is not recommended for those with an unstable weight as fluctuations can interfere with the success of the surgery results.
Thighplasty patients need to be in good general health without any severe medical conditions. For example, patients who have diabetes, lung disease or heart disease may not be good candidates for thigh lift surgery. Individuals wanting this surgery also need to have a clear understanding of the procedure and what it can achieve.
Patients must avoid smoking for at least 2 weeks before the thighplasty surgery. They should inform their surgeons of previous surgeries, any medical conditions, and medications. Avoiding blood-thinning medications, anti-inflammatory drugs or herbal supplementations is also very important at this stage, as they can increase the risk of excessive bleeding during the thigh lift surgery. It's a good idea for patients to have a physical examination from their GP before traveling abroad for the surgery.
The anesthesia choices for thigh lift surgery can be general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. At first, the incision areas are shaved and cleaned with betadine. After the anesthesia kicks in, the surgeon begins making the necessary incisions that he or she determined before the procedure.At this stage, several techniques can be used. One technique places incision in the groin, extending downward and wrapping around the back of the thigh. Another technique uses an incision along the inseam and removes excess skin from the groin down to the knee.
There are two main types of thigh lift surgery:
● Inner thigh lift surgery – the incision is made in the groin crease
● Outer thigh lift surgery – the incision is made horizontally, just under the hip bone
There are also alternative types of thigh lift procedure called medial, anterior, and lateral thigh lift.
After the surgeon creates the incisions, any excess skin and fat tissue from the thighs area are started to remove. Once the desired result is achieved, the incisions are closed up with dissolving stitches and the area is wrapped in bandages in order to avoid any potential infection in the thigh area. The thigh lift recovery period can begin.
Patient may spend 1 or 2 nights in the hospital
1 to 2 hours
1 to 2 weeks
3 - 4 weeks
The average thigh lift recovery period lasts around 5 weeks. When the patients wake up from their thigh lift surgery, their incisions will be bandaged and will most likely have drains to prevent blood and fluid from accumulating.
Patients need to avoid any movement during the first week of the thigh lift recovery period. Sitting during the recovery period will also not be allowed because it can put pressure on incisions and compromise healing. Compression garments need to be worn during the first 2 weeks after rhinoplasty surgery. Patients can usually return to work in around 3-4 weeks, but physical activity and sitting need to be kept at a minimum, as it can lead to complications.
Thigh lift surgery risks and complications can include:
● Excessive bleeding
● Wound separation
● Revision surgery
● Deep vein thrombosis
● Fat necrosis
Thigh lift surgery side effects can include:
● Fluid accumulation (seroma)
Thigh lift reviews set the average success rate at 93%.
The swelling will gradually reduce during the first 2 weeks after surgery. Results will start to become visible from the second week onward but it’s important to note that patients should maintain their weight after the procedure. Just because the fatty tissue has been removed, it doesn’t mean that it can’t grow back. A healthy diet and regular exercise can help patients maintain their newfound look following their thigh lift surgery.
When Can I Resume Sports or Exercise After the Thigh Lift Procedure?
Patients can return to exercise or sports in around 6 weeks after the procedure.
Are the Thigh Lift Scars Visible?
No, the scars are well hidden, especially if a skilled surgeon performs the surgery. The scars are located in the skin's natural folds and creases.
Can the Procedure Be Combined with Other Types of Surgery?
Yes, body contouring and tummy tuck are popular choices among patients to combine with thigh lift procedure.A thread thigh liftin which absorbable threads are used to lift the inner thighs can also be used in some particular cases.
This content is written and reviewed by our medical content team in June, 2019.