Average Vaginoplasty costs are € 2,212, based on Vaginoplasty prices from 25 clinics. Cheapest Vaginoplasty cost is € 800 where Vaginoplasty prices can go up to € 3,308.
Vaginoplasty prices vary greatly depending on the clinic and the location. For example, Vaginoplasty in Turkey is a popular option where Vaginoplasty costs as low as € 1,615. You can also find Vaginoplasty clinics in Poland starting from € 800.
Please note that the Vaginoplasty prices listed on FlyMedi are the average price for Vaginoplasty procedures. Clinics may ask you to provide them with specific information about your medical condition in order to provide you a detailed cost estimate for Vaginoplasty procedures. To receive a personalized Vaginoplasty quote, please click HERE.
Vaginoplasty is a type of plastic surgery and cosmetic gynecology, as it is done for cosmetic as well as functional reasons. Vaginoplasty surgery can enhance and correct the vulvovaginal structures, the vaginal canal, and surrounding muscle tissue.
Vaginal rejuvenation is also referred to as cosmetic vaginal surgery, aesthetic vaginal surgery or simply vaginoplasty surgery – this procedure aims to strengthen the functions of the vaginal area as well as reshaping it for a more youthful appearance.
Vaginal rejuvenation generally consists of different procedures depending on the aim of the surgery:
● Vaginoplasty surgery– This procedure is a branch of plastic surgery and its definitioninvolves removing the excess tissue from the vaginal lining and tightening the surrounding tissue.
● Labiaplasty surgery – This procedure refers to a cosmetic genital enhancement through the reduction of the labia minora. The shape of the labia can also be improved to a more pleasing form through this particular procedure.
● Intestinal vaginoplasty– This procedure is a reconstructive genital procedure for the vaginal canal and the vulva that can be performed in patients with congenital agenesis of the vagina, patients with disorders of sex development, male-to-female transgender patients.
The vaginoplasty procedureis usually done for functional reasons while labiaplasty surgery is done for aesthetic reasons.
Vaginoplasty surgery or vaginal rejuvenation surgery is recommended for women suffering from:
● Congenital diseases such as vaginal hypoplasia
● Physical trauma related to giving birth
● Vaginal laxity after childbirth
● Sexual dysfunction because of the separating of muscles and lack of tone
● Chronic labial irritation from tight clothing, sports or sex n.
Transgender candidates can also benefit from a vaginoplasty procedure, as part of their sex transition.
Vaginoplasty surgery is not recommended for women suffering from active gynecological diseases such as malignancies or infections. Patients should not have this procedure done while menstruating. Women who are planning to have children soon should also wait before undergoing vaginoplasty surgery.Vaginoplasty surgeon guides the patients about the things should be awaited or avoided before the surgery.
Patients need to stop smoking at least a month before and after the procedure. Taking any blood thinners such as aspirin at least 2 weeks before the vaginoplasty procedure is not allowed as well. Anti-inflammatory drugs, herbal teas, herbal supplements, green teas and Omega 3 capsules are also forbidden. Women should have a complete gynecological examination to check for any signs of infection or disease. Planning step of the procedure is as important as the procedure itself. The patient’s menstrual cycle needs to take place at least a week before vaginoplasty surgery. The menstrual cycle can increase the chance of developing complications following the vaginoplasty procedure
The vaginoplasty procedure is done under local anesthesia. Once the anesthesia kicks in, the surgeon will begin effectively tighteningthe vaginal walls by removing excess external tissue. The supportive muscle and tissue of the vulvovaginal structure are also tightened at this point. Then the tissues are tightened with strong sutures beneath the skin. Once the vaginal canal has been tightened, the skin over it is also sutured closed. If there is external skin needs to be shaped, this can be reduced as well for a more aesthetic result.
The procedure lasts around an hour – the patient will enjoy a much narrower vaginal canal and tighter vaginal muscles. The vaginoplasty recovery period can begin.
Patient may spend one night in hospital
1 to 2 hours
The vaginoplasty recovery period usually lasts six weeks. During post-op vaginoplasty, patients may experience temporary soreness, swelling, bruising, sickness upon waking from anesthesia and changes in sensation. They will have a temporary urinary catheter for five days along with vaginal packing.
Patients can usually return to work after one or two weeks. Sexual intercourse is forbidden during the vaginoplasty recovery period.
Vaginoplasty surgery complications can include:
● Infection – patients can watch out for signs of infection such as swelling, redness or excessive tenderness
● Scarring in the area
● Excessive bleeding – a small amount of bleeding is normal during the first few days of the vaginoplasty recovery period but it should not continue for more than 3 days
● Ongoing pain – pain is a sign of complications from vaginoplasty surgery
● Developing an abscess at the suture site
● Dyspareunia (difficult or painful sexual intercourse)
● Vaginal dryness
● Vaginal and perineal restriction
● Rectovaginal or urethrovaginal fistulas
Vaginoplasty surgery side effects can include one or more of the following:
● Pain from muscle spasms following the vaginoplasty surgery
● Small amounts of discharge from the vagina
● In some cases swelling, redness and bruising may occur – this is a sign of infection
● Excessive tenderness or temporary loss of sensitivity in the area
● Rupture of the sutures
● Urinary retention
The average vaginoplasty surgery success rate, based on vaginoplasty researches and reviews is around 98%.
As can be seen from the high success rates, vaginoplasty results are very satisfactory. Women enjoy increased libido, improved sex life and an increase in self-confidence after vaginoplasty surgery.
Are There Any Alternatives to Vaginoplasty Surgery?
Patients can follow regular pelvic floor exercises to improve muscle tone and strengthen the pelvic floor, but the benefits of these exercises are limited and should be started in early ages in order to increase its effectiveness.
Can Vaginoplasty Surgery Be Combined with Other Procedures?
Yes, vaginoplasty can be combined with perineoplasty, labiaplasty or hymenoplasty.
Is Vaginoplasty Surgery A Viable Treatment for Urinary Incontinence?
For most cases, yes.
This content is written and reviewed by our medical content team in June, 2019.