Invisalign braces and Clear Correct are just a few of the most popular clear aligners in the world – the clear aligners are a
Average Invisalign™ costs in Istanbul are € 1,253.
With FlyMedi, you can connect with 3 Dentistry centers in Istanbul that are offering Invisalign™ procedures.
Prices listed on this page are the average price for Invisalign™. Clinics may require more details regarding your medical condition in order to provide you with a personalized Invisalign™ quote. For a more accurate Invisalign™ price quote, please click HERE.
Istanbul is the biggest city in Turkey and In Europe, according to population – it has over 14 million inhabitants. Istanbul is Turkey’s financial, cultural and healthcare hub – it’s the city with the most JCI accredited private hospitals. The city spreads on both sides of the Bosphorus – The strait that divides the Marmara Sea and the Black Sea. Istanbul also connects Europe to Asia forming a very interesting mix, both gastronomically and culturally.
Over 11 million tourists visited Istanbul in 2012, making it the fifth most popular tourist destination in the world.
The Blue Mosque
The Sultan Ahmed Mosque, also called the Blue Mosque incorporates Islamic architecture and Byzantine Christian elements in its design. It is considered to be the last great mosque of the classical period. The Mosque got its name from the 20,000 Iznik blue ceramic tiles used to line its interiors. The Blue Mosque is also the final resting place of Sultan Ahmed which commissioned the building in 1609, with work finishing in 1616.
The Basilica Cistern is one of the most popular tourist sites in Istanbul. The Cistern is huge, with a total of 336 columns arranged in 12 rows. It was built in order to store water during the Byzantine time – in the 6th century. Most of the columns feature decorative carvings, as they were re-used from other classical-age structures. Some of the most interesting columns on the site are the Medusa stones, in the north-west corner of the Cistern.
Topkapı Palace is one of the finest examples of Islamic art and architecture. The palace itself was built by Mehmet the Conqueror in the 15th century and has been the residence of Ottoman Sultans for over 400 years. The palace is a vast complex of richly decorated courtyards and rooms. The palace features a Harem, the Imperial Treasury room, the Imperial Council Chamber, the Second Court, the Third Court (the Sultan’s private rooms) and the Palace Kitchens. The palace became an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985 and has been described as “one of the best examples of palaces of the Ottoman period”.
Tourists can enjoy a wide range of shopping centres and bazaars such as the Grand Bazaar, the Egyptian bazaar and many modern shopping malls all around Istanbul.
● Tourists arriving in Istanbul will be required to purchase a tourist Visa – the procedure can be easily done online or at a visa machine before the immigration section of the airport. The Visa costs around 20 USD.
● There are 3 main airports in Istanbul. Hazerfen Airport is a private airport with limited traffic. Atatürk Airport is located on the European side of Istanbul and Sabiha Gökçen Airport is located on the Asian side of Istanbul. Usually planes land at the Atatürk Airport (IATA:IST) which is just 20 km from the city centre. From there a visitor can take a taxi to Taksim Square for around TRY60. Tourists can also use a local airport service called Havataş which runs express bus services every 30 minutes for around TRY11 to Taksim Square and Aksaray.
● Food and drink at the airport is quite expensive and may cost 4 times more than in the city. It is advisable to bring your own meals from the town if you have a lot of waiting to do at the airport. There is also a supermarket close to the airport metro entrance where you can buy reasonably priced food and drink.
● You can change any sort of currency into the Turkish Lira (TRY) just about anywhere across Istanbul. Most shops and supermarkets also accept credit cards for payment.
● Roaming fees in Turkey are expensive, but you can simply buy a new SIM card when you reach Istanbul and use it for the duration of your stay.
● Istanbul has a humid subtropical climate, so the summer months are generally warm and in winter temperatures differ from place to place.
Invisalign braces and Clear Correct are just a few of the most popular clear aligners in the world – the clear aligners are a type of device used by orthodontists to adjust teeth. Invisalign gained much of its popularity during the early 2000s when it was launched as a more comfortable and aesthetic alternative to traditional metal braces.
Dental braces or dental aligners are used by dentists specialized in orthodontics to straighten and align teeth, while also correcting any overbites, malocclusions, open bites, deep bites, crossbites, and any crooked teeth. Since the early 2000s, over 2.5 million people from all around the world have used this system, and Invisalign reviews are excellent. Currently, over 80.000 dentists have been trained as orthodontists specialized in Invisalign treatments.
Invisalign treatments are popular among patients due to several advantages they have over traditional metal braces, including:
In the same time, it's important to note that Invisalign braces may not be the best option for all patients – only a highly trained orthodontist can say if this treatment is the right one for you
Invisalign is recommended for individuals with one or more of the following:
Patients with risk of developing periodontal disease
Invisalign braces may not be the best treatment choice for patients with extremely crooked teeth or crooked back teeth.
Patients need to provide their dentists with a dental X-ray before the treatment can begin. Some patients may require other dental work before beginning treatment with Invisalign.
The Invisalign dentist will first take polyvinyl siloxane impressions, bite registrations, and photographs of the patient's gums and teeth. The dental impressions are then scanned, and a 3D model of the teeth is created. The 3D model is then altered according to the desired results, and a special program is used to create the stages between the current and the desired final teeth position. Between 6 and 48 aligners are then created, depending on the needs – each aligner can move teeth from 0.25 to 0.33 millimeters.
1 - 2 days per trip
Patients will usually have to make several trips to the dentist
The average Invisalign treatment lasts for up to 13.5 months or more, but this includes the time necessary to prepare the braces as well. The patient will be required to wear the clear aligners for at least 20 hours a day during the treatment period. In certain cases and depending on the severity of the malocclusion, the treatment period may be longer or shorter – it all depends on the extent of the changes which need to be done. Patients will have to remove the clear aligners while flossing, brushing, and eating. It's also important to note that patients must maintain excellent oral hygiene during this period. Once the treatment is over, a nightguard must be worn for a similar period of time.
Invisalign risks and complications can include:
● Increased risk of tooth decay due to Invisalign
● Difficulty speaking
● Lengthier treatment for non-compliant patients
Invisalign side effects include the following:
● Dental discomfort
● Tenderness of the gums
Invisalign reviews set the average treatment success rate at 85%.
Invisalign before and after pictures may look appealing, but patients need to understand that the treatment is a lengthy process – the braces themselves need to be worn according to the dentist's guidelines for an average period of 13.5 months. Invisalign results will slowly start to appear after the first months of treatment. During this time, patients must refrain from very hot drinks such as tea, as the high temperature can warp the braces, rendering them useless. Sugary drinks and alcohol need to be avoided as well since these drinks can lead to plaque buildup. Most patients will also experience weight loss after the treatment since they will usually refrain from consuming light snacks during the day.
- How often do I need to visit my dentist during the Invisalign braces treatment?
Just as with traditional braces, patients need to visit their orthodontist every 4 to 6 weeks during the treatment duration. These checkups are meant to see if the treatment is progressing according to plan but also to receive the next sets of Invisalign aligners.
- Is Invisalign painful?
Patients generally experience some discomfort and soreness, as is expected with any type of orthodontic treatment.
- Are there any restrictions during the Invisalign treatment? Yes, a few. Patients need to stay away from alcohol, sugary drinks, and hot drinks. These restrictions exist in order to ensure the success of the Invisalign treatment and to maintain the patient's oral hygiene. Smoking is prohibited during this time as well.
This content is written and reviewed by our medical content team in August, 2019.