Tonsillectomy is a kind of surgical operation made for removing tonsils. The tonsils oval-shaped and there are back in the throat. Tonsils' main function is producing white blood cells to fight with viruses or bacterias entering the mouth. It sensitizes the tonsils against infections and inflammations. Children's tonsils more sensitive than adults because the immune system in children does not feel strong enough to fight against bacteria that enter the mouth. Tonsils more active under the age of 15.
Tonsillectomy is usually performed for the treatment of patients with acute tonsilitis. The different indications are as follows.
● Obstructive sleep apnea
● Nasal airway obstruction
● Peritonsillar abscess
Also, tonsillectomy surgery is an easy way to treat complications because of enlarged tonsils. Some of the large tonsils in patients natural but someone enlarged due to infection. Tonsillectomy operation suggested treating these problems due to enlarged tonsils.
● Difficulty breathing, in general
● Difficulty swallowing
● Difficult breathing during sleep
Sometimes adenoids are taken by an operation known as adenoidectomy. This procedure is more common in children.
The following conditions usually require tonsillectomy surgery:
● The patient suffers from severe, chronic or recurring tonsillitis ● The patients suffer from complications of enlarged tonsils
● Tonsillectomy surgery is suggestedif the patient’s tonsils are bleeding
● Antibiotics are ineffective in treating tonsillitis
If one of the following conditions is present, tonsillectomy is performed to relieve the patient.
● Cancerous tissue on one or both of the tonsils
● Recurrent bleeding from the tonsils
Tonsillectomy (32 Clinics)