Also known as a genitourinary surgery in the field of medicine, urology is a branch of medicine that deals with any problems associated with the urinary system –this includes bladder, kidneys, urethra (the tube that drains urine out of your bladder) and ureters (thin muscles that carry pee into your bladder). This department can also treat a reproductive system of males (penis, testicles, scrotum, prostate, et cetera).
This medical department has its own specialist doctors who are referred to as Urologists. If you have any problems with your urinary tract, FlyMedi can connect you with its partner hospitals which have urologists that have experience in the following seven branches of Urology:
● Cystoscopy. This is a detailed examination of your bladder and urethra using a special telescope-like tool that is referred to as a cystoscope.
● Ureteroscopy. Similar to the above procedure (cystoscopy), ureteroscopy is a close-up look of your ureters and kidneys.
● Prostate biopsy. This procedure involves removing a tiny tissue sample from your prostate to test for cancer in a laboratory.
● Nephrectomy. This is a procedure that involves removing a kidney to treat cancer.
● Vasectomy. In this procedure, a urologist cuts the tubes that carry sperm so as to prevent pregnancy.
Which Urology Procedures Can I Find?
Urology is a broad specialty and as such, encompasses a wide range of procedures.
Our team will dedicate their effort and time to help you choose the clinic best for you. Our goal is not just to find ‘a doctor’ for you, but to find ‘the right doctor’.