Cheek implants surgery, also known as cheek augmentation, is a plastic surgery procedure used to make fuller, change or enhance a person’s cheeks in order to provide harmony in the facial proportions.
Cheek augmentation or cheek implants techniques include:
● Cheek implants – the plastic surgeon uses solid silicone implants in this procedure to enhance the patient’s face
● Dermal fillers, also known as cheek fillers – the surgeon can also use dermal fillers, a material based on hyaluronic acid, to gradually improve the appearance of the patient’s cheeks
● Autologous fat transfer for cheek augmentation – in this particular procedure, surgeons can inject the patient's fat into the cheeks
● Cheek augmentation through osteotomy – surgeons can change the zygomatic bone of the cheek, commonly known as the cheekbone in order to achieve the desired effect.
There are three different types of cheek implants:
● Malar – This is the most common type of cheek implant used in this field. These implants are placed directly on the cheekbone and provide a more pleasing contour in the cheek area.
● Submalar – Submalar cheek implants usually used to enhance the appearance of the midface.
● Combined – As the name suggests, these implants can enhance the cheekbones as well as the midface.
Cheek implants surgery is a safe procedure and can be combined with a facelift procedure, neck lift, rhinoplasty but the most common choice is chin implant surgery.Cheek implants surgery is also an increasingly popular surgical procedure, and abroad options are often preferred considering the price advantage. For example, in the countries well-experienced in the field of medical tourism such as Turkey, patients can find more affordable check implants surgery options compared to the US or most European countries.
Cheek implants surgery, also known as cheek augmentation, is recommended for any individuals dissatisfied with the look or shape of their cheeks. Individuals with flat cheeks, with traumatic facial injuries or birth defects usually prefer this surgery.
Cheek Implants (47 Clinics)
What Our Patients Say