Botox injections are minimally invasive procedure
Average Botox costs are € 384, based on Botox prices from 14 clinics. Cheapest Botox cost is € 330 where Botox prices can go up to € 500.
Botox prices vary greatly depending on the clinic and the location. For example, Botox in Turkey is a popular option where Botox costs as low as € 330.
Please note that the Botox prices listed on FlyMedi are the average price for Botox procedures. Clinics may ask you to provide them with specific information about your medical condition in order to provide you a detailed cost estimate for Botox procedures. To receive a personalized Botox quote, please click HERE.
Botox injections are minimally invasive procedure uses for different variations of the botulinum toxin to temporarily relax and slow down muscle activity.
The botulinum toxin is produced by the same microbe, which causes botulism, a serious medical problem. Botox injections have a wide range of uses for both cosmetic and medical purposes ever since it was firstly approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1989.
Botox cosmetic uses - Botox injections can temporarily relax facial muscles that cause wrinkles. Injections can help patients with:
● Frown lines between the eyebrows
● Forehead lines
● Crow’s feet– the lines from the corners of the eyes
● Jawline– transform the appearance of people with receding chin
● Hair-Botox for hair doesn't contain botulinum toxin, which is the main ingredient of Botox. Instead, it's a name based on how the product works.
●Gummy smile - reducing the upper lip elevation with by using Botox injections.
Botox injections can also help treat conditions that affect different functions of the body, including:
● Cervical dystonia – the patient’s neck muscles contract involuntarily, causing pain
● Strabismus – this is caused by an imbalance in the muscles which control the patient’s eye movement
● Lower limb spasticity
● Muscle contractures – this can also be caused by cerebral palsy
● Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating – some patients experience excessive sweating especially in underarms, even in cooler temperatures and when not exercising
● Chronic migraines– Botox can help reduce headache frequency
● Bladder and bowel disorders – Botox treatment can also help reduce urinary incontinence
Although it has many advantages and uses in the medical world, Botox is not a miracle cure. It has several disadvantages, including:
● Prices of Botox treatment can be a bit expensive
● Botox injections are not a permanent solution
● Botox can also be less effective in older patients
● The procedure can lead to several side-effects
● FDA has not approved the use of Botox under the eyes for cosmetic purposes.
Botox injections are recommended for any patients, women or men, that wish to treat different wrinkles around the face, hands or neckregion. Other indications include:
● Cervical dystonia
● Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
● Muscle contractures
● Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating
● Chronic migraines
● Bladder dysfunctions or overactive bladder
● Severe neck and shoulder muscle spasms
Botox injections or Botox treatment are not recommended for patients who are breastfeeding or pregnant. Patients who are planning to get pregnant soon should also wait a bit. This treatment is also not recommended for patients under the age of 18. Patients with an active infection near the treatment area should postpone the treatment as well. Some individuals may be allergic to Botox, doctors apply specific tests and examinations to decide patients' eligibility for the procedure.
As the Botoxis a nonsurgical, in-office treatment, it requires minimal preparation. Blood thinners such as aspirin, herbal teas, herbal supplements, and anti-inflammatory drugs need to be avoided for at least 2 weeks before the treatment is set to begin. Patients will be thoroughly tested before beginning the Botox treatment..
While most individuals can tolerate the Botox injections, some may want to numb certain, more sensitive areas before the Botox treatment is set to begin. Patients can pick between anesthesia injections, creams or a simple cold spray that will numb the area.
Once the area to be injected is numb, the doctor will begin injecting a very small amount of Botox into the muscles or skin. A thin needle is used for this procedure. The amount of Botox used depends on the area and size being treated. Botox injections procedure usually takes less than an hour, then the patient can return home immediately.
Patients can resume their normal activities, including work, once the Botox treatment is over. There are not too many aftercare instructions for the procedure. Patients only shouldn't touch, rub, or massage the area where Botox injections were performed – this can make the toxin migrate to different areas of the body and cause complications.
Botox injections risks and complications can include:
● Excessive tearing or dry eyes
● Eyelid drooping
● Muscle weakness
● Vision problems
● Trouble breathing
● Problems with swallowing or speaking
● Flu-like symptoms
● Upset stomach
Botox injections side effects include:
● Bruising around the injection site
● Dry mouth
● Neck pain
Botox injections reviews set the average treatment success rate at 94%
Botox injections results are visible a few days after the treatment. The effect may last anywhere between 3 and 12 months, depending on the treated area and specific condition, after which a new set of injections is required.
Are There Any Alternatives to Botox Injections? I Want To Have Fuller Lips.
Yes, lip augmentation with lip implants is an alternative to Botox on lips. Dermal fillers may also be used to enhance the lips. There are advantages and disadvantages related to each procedure.
Is It Painful?
Except for the pain tolerance level of each patient, the pain arising from the procedure depends on the region where the Botox injections are applied. The lips area is generally more sensitive than other parts of the body. If you have Botox injections on the forehead, you shouldn't feel a thing.
When Can I Return to Exercise or Sports?
Patients can return to sports or exercise immediately after Botox procedure has done; they only need to be careful as not to rub or press down on the injection area.
This content is written and reviewed by our medical content team in June, 2019.