Botox injections refer to the use of different variations of the botulinum toxin to temporarily relax and slow down muscle activity. The botulinum
Average Botox costs are € 383, based on Botox prices from 13 clinics. Cheapest Botox cost is € 330 where Botox prices can go up to € 500.
Botox prices vary greatly depending on the clinic and the location. For example, Botox in Turkey is a popular option where Botox costs as low as € 330.
Please note that the Botox prices listed on FlyMedi are the average price for Botox procedures. Clinics may ask you to provide them with specific information about your medical condition in order to provide you a detailed cost estimate for Botox procedures. To receive a personalized Botox quote, please click HERE.
Botox injections refer to the use of different variations of the botulinum toxin to temporarily relax and slow down muscle activity. The botulinum toxin is produced by the same microbe which causes botulism, a serious medical problem. Botox injections have a wide range of uses, both cosmetic and health uses.
Botox cosmetic uses - botox injections can temporarily relax facial muscles that cause wrinkles. Injections can help patients with:
● Frown lines between the eyebrows
● Forehead lines
● Crow’s feet – the lines from the corners of the eyes
Botox injections can also help treat conditions that affect different functions of the body, including:
● Cervical dystonia – the patient’s neck muscles contract involuntarily, causing pain
● Strabismus – this is caused by an imbalance in the muscles which control the patient’s eye movement
● Muscle contractures – this can also be caused by cerebral palsy
● Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating – some patients experience excessive sweating, even in cooler temperatures and when not exercising
● Chronic migraines – botox can help reduce headache frequency
● Bladder dysfunctions – botox treatment can also help reduce urinary incontinence
Although it has many advantages and uses in the medical world, botox is not a miracle cure. It has several disadvantages, including:
● Botox injections can be a bit expensive
● Botox injections are not a permanent solution
● Botox treatment can be less effective in older patients
● Too much of it can lead to side-effects
Botox injections are recommended for any patient that wishes to treat different wrinkles around the face, hands or neck region. Other indications include:
● Cervical dystonia
● Muscle contractures
● Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating
● Chronic migraines
● Bladder dysfunctions
Botox injections or botox treatment are not recommended for patients who are breastfeeding or nursing. Patients who plan on getting pregnant soon should hold off the treatment. This treatment is also not recommended for patients under the age of 18. Patients with an active infection near the treatment area should postpone the treatment as well. Some individuals may be allergic to botox.
Blood thinners such as aspirin, herbal teas, natural supplements need to be avoided for at least 2 weeks before the treatment is set to begin. Patients will be thoroughly tested before beginning the botox treatment.
While most individuals can tolerate the botox injections, some may want to numb certain, more sensitive areas before the botox treatment is set to begin. Patients can pick between anaesthesia injections, creams or a simple cold spray that will numb the area.
Once the area is numb, the doctor will begin injecting very small amounts of botox into the muscles or skin. A very fine needle is used for this procedure. The amount of botox used and the amount of injections depends on the area treated and its size. Botox treatment usually lasts less than an hour, then the patient may return home.
Patients can resume their normal activities including work, once the botox treatment is over. Patients shouldn’t touch, rub or massage the area where botox injections were performed – this can make the toxin migrate to different areas of the body and cause complications.
Botox injections risks and complications can include:
● Excessive tearing or dry eyes
● Eyelid drooping
● Muscle weakness
● Vision problems
● Trouble breathing
● Problems with swallowing or speaking
Botox injections side effects include:
● Bruising around the injection site
Botox injections reviews set the average treatment success rate at 93%.
Botox injections results are visible a few days after the treatment. The effect may last anywhere between 3 and 12 months, after which a new set of injections is required.